On our last day of school we had a party with amazing cupcakes and a piñata thanks to our great parents.
We then performed the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. It is my favorite book by one of my favorite authors and illustrators. The kids made paintings that really looked like Eric Carle's. They did an amazing job!!!!
I gave the students a memory book of some special art projects they made this year and their report cards and sent them on their way.
It was a lot harder on me than I expected. I still don't think it has totally hit me yet, that I'm not going to be teaching again. It really has become part of who I am and without it I am going through a little bit of an identity crisis. I am hoping that when Benjamin comes it will help fill that void but I have four months before that happens. I am just keeping myself insanely busy until then.












8 comments:
I can only imagine how hard it must have been to say bye to your class. It's amazing through the years how our identities change . . . . friend, wife, mom, teacher etc. It's always bittersweet as we say goodbye and move forward in our new opportunities.
That must have been really hard. You will be so over joyed once that little boy is here. Congrats again on your new journey ahead
I bet you are such a great teacher- and your little guy is going to be so lucky to have you for a mom! You will be a great mom and it's the BEST job in the world. In a few months you'll be so busy taking care of a little one, you won't have time to think about teaching!
Very cute! Sydney loves The Hungry Caterpillar, she would be jealous.
Your the kind of teacher kids dream of having!
I know for a fact that you have changed so many of those kids lives. You are a great teacher and you will be an amazing mom. You will find what makes you happy again and it is always gonna be with kids. daycare is a great way for you to go, but first enjoy that little one as much and as log as you can. They grow up so quick and you want to be there for all of it. Thank you again for a wonderful year!!!!! Izak Misses you already
Seriously Vi, that is one lucky kid that is being sent to your family! Now you will be a teacher of one...a very important one. It will take ALL your time and effort but it will be so worth it. You are doing the right thing...stay busy!
P.S. I'm sorry you are having a hard time with this, really. Oh! I can't wait to see pics of your new house!!
Post a Comment