Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

We had a great Christmas and New Years Eve.




On Christmas Eve we went to my parents’ house and celebrated with my mom's side of the family (Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins the whole nine yards.)




The best present I got this year was my brother Brad surprising us by flying home from Hawaii.






It was the first time my whole family has been together for Christmas in about 7 years.





A few days later my friend Amanda visited from Utah with a couple of friends. We had a great time at the San Diego Zoo, shopping, my parents cabin, the drive-in movies, and more shopping :) I hope they had as much fun as I did.





For New Years Eve we started at Sea World to use our year passes one last time, and to get a Christmas ornament (our family tradition) we then headed up to Anaheim and spent some time with Tom's family. His sister Lana and her family were visiting from Utah. Her boys have hockey tournaments here in California every year. John and Rachel came up from San Diego to join in the fun too. After watching Nathan's game we went with the team into Long Beach to eat at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. We watched the fireworks and then made the long trek back home. It was a great way to ring in the New Year.

10 comments:

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
everyday katie said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere! I found you on Betheny's blog. You haven't aged a bit. You look great! It's fun to see what you're up to!

Katie

Sundbergs said...

Violet. I just saw your page for the first time. How cute. How fun that you all got to be together for Christmas. It is fun to see what you have been doing.

Heidi said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Im so glad you guys are bloggers now! Its so good to see you guys... and you are teaching... Thats AWESOME!

Good to see that you had a great Christmas... surprise visits are always nice!

Emily said...

I am so excited you have a blog!!! I was wondering how you were doing the other day, when I thought back to all the married friends that I have! This is Emily Thomas! My Blog is emilymariethomas.blogspot.com

Shalece said...

Hey Violet! It's Shalece. Love your blog! You look great, & it's fun to see what you're up to!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Brad came! How fun to have everyone there. I'm so jealous. It makes me sort of miss Corona...almost...he he.

La Familia! said...

Violet I found you!!! How's everything going! I miss u! love,
Sara Miller

Joanna and Tyler said...

Violet!! I think it has been a really long time since I last saw you! That's great that your whole family got together. I just happened to see Randy at the Taits house this last weekend! Oh, what school are you at teaching kindergarden?

Kara said...

Hey girl! It's so weird to see pictures of you and Brad and think that it's been 5-6 years since I've seen you guys! It's good to hear how you're doing. I can totally see you being a great teacher. Do you keep in touch with anyone else from BYUH? I hear from Kersina every once in awhile and Heidi. I found Jamie on someone's blog, but I haven't heard back from her. It's good to hear from you and I hope to hear more. Take care! ALOHA!