Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Camping in Malibu!!!








We wanted one last hurra before we left for Philly. So we packed up the car and headed off to a beach in Malibu where we could camp. It was called Leo Carrillo. The camp sight was across the street form the beach but it was close enough to wake us up at 1:00 in the morning when the tide came in. We got there right at sunset and what a sunset it was! The tide was out and so we had fun playing on the rocks and in the tidepools. We worried about it beeing too cold but once we got the fire going we didn't notice at all.In the morining we enjoyed watching the surfurs ride in on the slowmoving beautiful waves.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures! I would never think of camping at the beach. To me, and my Utah brain, camping is something you do in the mountains!

Erin said...

We love the campsite. We camped there are second week of marriage, and I learned I had to be in charge of packing from then on. Paul thought a 2 man pup tent with one bag and no pillows would be comfy. Neither of us slept well but we still had loads of fun. Looks like you guys did to.

Emily said...

Sounds like a fun time! Camping at the beach does get cold, but the scenery is worth it!

Sundbergs said...

How fun. I bet it got chilly. I know we did that once. I want to do that again soon.

Nicole said...

Hi Violet! This is Nicole Long~ I saw your blog on Betheny's. I'm having fun snooping through everyones pages. :)

Emily said...

Hi! Its Emily, I just want you let you know I renamed my blog, for security purposes, it is http://starringemily.blogspot.com/

Heidi said...

To Philly? whats going on out there? and camping in Malibu... must be nice... the high today was 12 degrees... no camping for us in Colorado!

The Greens said...

Hi Lufkins, Greens here, fun to see your blog. We love Leo Carillo, always camped there growing up. Fun place. Good to hear from you guys.

Tolley Family said...

That sounds like fun. Your pictures are really pretty. :) And of course you can add us to your friends list. :)

Emily said...

Hi Violet, this is Ty's wife writing for him. I remember you from the single's ward as well. You and your husband are cute! We love camping as a family as well, we just started the tradition this year with our little one. Keep in touch!