Monday, July 18, 2011

Nana & Papa's Cabin

Sorry this trip was actually in June. Somehow I missed it but I wanted to make sure it made it on the blog. Although my kids are young I hope that they will remember special things like spending the night at my parents cabin.
Their cabin is just about the cutest little thing. They have it decorated for the three little bears.
It is my mom's special tradition to read the grandkids a bedtime story. All of the books she has at the cabin are about bears. They love climbing up on mama and papa bear's bed to read with her.
The next morning we spent a few hours cleaning up the yard and the house. As you can imagine Ben was in heaven.
Aren't these two boys just too cute.
This is one of the trees Nana and Papa planted.
Kinda fun that right now it is exactly the same height as Ben.After all of our hard work we cooled off by taking a dip in the lake.Sammy loves the water!

Papa thought it would be a great idea to build a sandcastle with Ben. I warned him before they started building. Ben had never made one before but I know my son well enough to know what was going to happen.
Just like I predicted. Ben had more fun destroying the castle rather than making it. It soon became a game, who was faster; Papa making, or Ben destroying. In the end I think Ben won.

Poor Papa ~ Thanks for being a good sport.

Ben got to go on the aqua-cycle and because he was the only grand-kid there he got to stay on it the whole time. All three of the adults took a turn going out with him.
We just had to get a picture of Sam and Papa in their matching hats.

0 comments: