Saturday, April 12, 2008

Top Ten Reasons why I have been too busy to Post


  1. We celebrated St. Patrick’s Day. A leprechaun came to our class and played tricks on us. He messed up the room and then left a clue of where to find his gold. After going all over the school dressed in a leprechaun disguises, we finally found some of his gold coins in our classroom along with a magical green shamrock we could eat. (Jell-O Jigglers.)


  2. I received a RIF notice laying me off for next year. The district is still working on keeping all of us. But really all that means for me is doing a whole lot of paperwork. And lots of trips to the District Office
  3. I was in a class for my masters. It was on Multi Cultural Children’s Literature. For the final project I had to do a 25 minute DVD in the format of the show Reading Rainbow. I had no idea how to make a DVD so I recruited a 12 year old boy from my ward to help me and my group. He and I ended up doing the whole thing and spent over 20 hours doing it. It turned out to be the best in the class by far!!!! Jared did a great job. We all owe him our A for the class. In return I am planning to teach him how to swim in May.

  4. I took my kindergartners on a field trip to the farm. Everything went well. No one was lost or injured. They got to feed pigs and baby cows. They also got to pet the goats who really enjoyed eating their nametags, cloths, and even their hair.




  5. I directed a musical for the GATE program at our school. This took so much time. I started out co-directing and the next thing I knew I was the only director because the other teacher got sick and then went off track. Then I found out that she was planning to put it on in two weeks. At the point the other director left we didn’t have props, a back drop, costumes, or any of the dances. The kids knew their lines and the word to the songs and that was about it. Somehow I pulled it all together and the students ended up doing a great job. I think they all really enjoyed it. And when it was all over I could even say that I enjoyed it too. I don’t think I will be getting myself into a situation like that again soon.



  6. My school had open house. I only had two days to get it ready because I was so busy with the play. Other teachers take a month and they have another teacher to help. If Tom hadn’t come in to help me get my room ready there is no way I would have made it.



  7. Tom and I have learned a very intricate waltz that we will have to teach to the Priests and Laurels for our whole Stake for the Dance Festival. It started with just our ward and now it has moved on to us being the teachers for everyone. Looks like I got myself into the same kind of mess as the play again. My plan didn’t last long. The scary thing is, we don’t even know the dance that well ourselves. It is going to be an amazing event. There are 12-14 Stakes participating. If you would like details about going let me know. Or just go to their web site http://www.mydancefestival.info/


  8. I started my final class for my Masters. I only have one month to write my Thesis. I am doing it on the perceptions that children have on childhood obesity.
  9. Tom had an interview in Oxnard, CA. I went with him and spent some of the time working on my thesis. But the other part of the day I spent laying out on the beach. I ended up getting really burned. Being on the beach felt soooo good that I would have done it all over again. Next time we come here though I will make sure to bring sun screen, a bathing suit, and a towel. Tom really liked the company but we are still deciding if we want to relocate and if it is right for us.


  10. And reason number 10 is that I am 11 weeks pregnant!!!!!!!!!! We are so excited. I have been sick but not as bad as some have it. I am just constantly tired which is not very helpful when I am trying to teach kindergartners and write a thesis. Not to mention all of the doctors apt. that I have already had to have. I will be going off track in 2 weeks though so that should help. It will be a much needed break. I don’t know how much more I can take of coming home from work, kissing my husband hello, and then sleeping for 2 hours before I have to get up and go to night school. It will be nice to be done with all of it so I can focus of being pregnant and becoming a mommy!!!!!
    Isn't our blob cute!!!!

25 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats Violet!! Sounds very busy with school and teaching. I hope you have a much needed break and get some R&R in. I got to see Kersina here in Vegas a week ago. She was in town for a conference with her fiance. We spent the afternoon together and it was so fun. I have a link to her blog on mine. I told her about yours too. Take care and keep me posted on everything!

Memory said...

Congratulations! Wow you have been so busy! Are we still on for that date on the 26th? I invited Stacey and Jeremy. I hope that is okay. I am looking forward to seeing you guys! LEt me know if I can do anything.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Violet! Motherhood is so great...and difficult...but mostly great! You'll be a great mommy!!

Shallee said...

Yea yea yea yea!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear more updates-- though it sounds like you barely have time to breathe!

Anonymous said...

Congratualation Violet! I had a hunch you were pregnant. I assumed that you were too sick to post and/or didn't trust yourself to keep a secret so you were laying low for awhile. I NEVER would have guessed your other 9 reasons for being too busy to blog. I can't imagine being that busy and pregant at the same time. I so was tired my first trimester. I took two naps a day, and still went to bed early. I hope your life slows down a bit! Although, knowing you I doubt it will. Keep us posted on everything.

Anonymous said...

Please ignore all my typos. I blame it on mommy-brain!

Emily said...

WHAT!!! BIG Congratulations, Violet!

you better let me know when the baby is due! I'll be checking in for details!

I'm off to tell Don!

how exciting!!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you. :)

The Ward Family said...

I want to call you so bad right now but it is 10:20pm and you are probably sleeping!!!!! I'm so excited. I have been thinking about u all the time. I'm so happy for you guys. You have been so busy. You're going to be a mom.... can you believe it!!!!!???

everyday katie said...

Holy cow have you been busy! I didn't realize you were working on your masters. good for you. I'm completely jealous. I can't imagine doing dance festivals and plays and everything when your PREGNANT!!! congratulations! YOu were made for motherhood. I was called to put on a stake musical in my first trimester one time. It was the most stressful few months EVER!!!! No one has any idea how much work goes into that. I put in way more hours than at a full time job. MY poor one year old was getting seriously neglected...not to mention my husband.

Good luck finishing everything up during your pregnancy. I'm really happy for you.

Tolley Family said...

Congrats! I can't believe how busy you have been! You did all of that while being pregnant? Wow!!

Emily said...

Congrats Violet! I am SO excited for you and what a wonderful surprise!!! You have been BUSY!

The Greens said...

Congratulations violet!!! you must be so excited. being a mother is the best thing in the whole world. your going to love it. you two will be great parents. We're soooo happy for you!

Shalece said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!!

Sundbergs said...

Congrats. That is so great. YEah and dang girl you need to slow down and rest.

La Familia! said...

CONGRATS!!!! I"M SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! You are absolutley going to be such a great mommy!!! I love being a mother! Keep in touch!!!Love, the Millers!

Samantha Fife said...

Oh! Congratulations! That is so exciting, when is the due date? Well, congrats again, you will love being a mommy, there is nothing better....!

Brian, Emily, Tyler & Kendra said...

Congrats! You are going to make a great Mommy! Once you finish your MANY projects, take some time just for you...in a 8 months there won't be a chance to. ;-)

Heidi said...

Holy Moly... you have been so busy... and being PREGNANT!! SO SO EXCITING!! that is so awesome! I'm so excited for you! That was a lot of "SO's". But truly thats how I feel! You are going to be an amazing mommy! YAY YAY YAY!

Marla said...

YEA!!! I'm soo excited for you and Tom. That is Awesome! You have a lot on your plate, my goodness. You will be such a cute little mommy. I can't stop smiling. Congrats!

Erin said...

I am so excited for you guys! Your blob is cute. Enjoy and journal often, you will find that you will refer to it later. Congratulations.

Lori and Matt said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Violet! Hope you start feeling better soon!

Danielle Cryder said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations on the soon to be new addition to the family.

Kersina and Ryan said...

congratulations violet! that is so awesome. sounds like life is keeping you very busy. good luck with all of it!

Unknown said...

Well, You already know my thoughts on the subject but I had to post a comment anyway. I couldn't be more exctatic!! Horray Horray! I will be the baby's favorite Auntie of course!! I'm gonna spoil that kid rotten!