Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ellwood Butterfly Grove

During the winter months thousands of Monarch Butterflies gather in this little ravine to rest during their migration. It was a short little hike that was so fun. I have never seen so many butterflies in my life!


I had no idea that they cluster together like this. If you didn't look close enough you would never even know they are there.

Benjamin loved being outside and looking up at the trees. He spent the whole hike craning his neck back so that he could see everything. (don't you just love those neck rolls)

3 comments:

The Prigmore Family said...

Violet that place looks so AWESOME! How cool that you got to see all those butterflies in one place. Unreal!

The Ward Family said...

What a fun hike! Benjamin looks like he enjoyed it also. I love the outdoors, even more now that I'm a mom. I notice all the little things outside that I didn't before now that Jocelynn is amazed by everything!

Jen said...

I have always wanted to go to Mexico where all the Monarch butterflies gather after migrating. This would be a close second choice. I miss you guys. Thanks for the phone call, it was fun to catch up. LOVE YA!