Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ronald Reagan Presidential Library

Don't you just love Labor Day? There is no real symbolic meaning for it, other than to just give us all a break from work. I think it is one of the best made-up holidays ever.

We went to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library which happens to be our favorite president and just 20 min away. It was a lot of fun learning about his life and his presidency. You can't help but be inspired by him. He was a great leader of our country.


Reagan's Grave Site

"I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there is purpose and worth to each and every life."

Part of the Berlin Wall

Air Force One

The newest addition to our Christmas tree collection

We started this tradition on our honeymoon. Any time we go on a vacation or a new place we buy an ornament for our tree. It is a great way to get a souvenir without feeling like you are getting junk or filling your house with knickknacks. You only have to take them out once a year.

4 comments:

The Ward Family said...

I love that tradition!

Emily said...

I also am a fan of that tradition and will one day do it with my family!

Emily said...

Hey!
It was so good to hear from you and get updated on your life. I am so happy for you. That is so wonderful that you got to serve a mission, teach 5 year olds, get a Masters, and get married in the most beautiful temple there is! AND...you look so cute pregnant! I'm glad you found me, becaue im not very good at finding people. Do you live in California? Where at?

Sheryl said...

Great day! I love Pres. Reagan and the great man he was and will always be in history. We also have collected ornaments on our vacations and anniversary trips. It is so fun to be reminded after 30 years where we were, and what is part of US. On our 10th anniversary we went to Santa Barbara, and we have a white dove that my kids have always fought over as to who would put it on the tree. It is a great tradition.