Tuesday, December 15, 2009

More Pics from the Christmas Party

As you can see Benjamin was not a fan of Santa. But it made a great picture.
.We were so lucky to have such a great Santa this year. Mrs. Clause was also absolutely adorable. (Thanks Aunt Debbie for the costume) And can you get any cuter than their baby Sam Clause. They make such a cute little family. Thanks again for all of your help!!!!
Best Idea ever!!!!! We had a Christmas movie playing in the back for the kids. They went to the back if they were finished eating before we started the program. This saved the parents from having to deal with wiggly kids at the table. And saved me from having to deal with kids running all over the gym. The kids loved it!!!! When we were ready for the program and Santa I just went to the back and collected all of the kids. It worked out perfect.
The lady in the white blouse is my neighbor Grandma Joan. Benjamin and I see her almost every day when we go on our walk. She is just about the sweetest lady you could ever imagine. I'm so glade she came. She said she was too. We just love her so much.



As I said before we used all of the decorations from the ward the day before us. I only changed two things. I moved some presents to the other side of the room so it would look a little more even and discourage the children from running through the trees. But the most important change was the Y I added to the mountain. The other ward's theme was "Did the Grinch really steal Christmas". So they made the Grinch's mountain. Instead of taking it down I decided to add the Y. It was a big hit. Funny how there were so many amazing decorations all throughout the room but the one I got the most comments on was the Y. You gotta love Mormons :0)

We are so lucky to have such an amazing Photographer in our ward. She did such a great job. Without her I wouldn't have any pictures of the night. Thanks again Anelieze!
As you can see we were all smiles at the party
Well almost....Yes it's true I am laughing at my little boy's distress over meeting Santa for the first time

4 comments:

Mike and Ashley said...

Everything looks awesome! Great job! I love the idea of the Christmas movie for the kids...wish our party had had that...we just had to leave early so the kids would stop being so out of control!

Diane Wright said...

That picture of Benjamin crying at Santa is so cute. I have ONE pic of Nathan with Santa scraming, just like Benjamin, and he would never go again.

Cate said...

You did an awesome job. I'm so glad you took pictures of the decorations - I missed that.
We're so lucky to have you as the activitiy guru!

Emily Graham said...

I guess kids have to be older to appreciate the whole Santa thing..My mom took Taylor to Santa and he freaked out as well. Better luck next year! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!